The following Employment Application forms are to be used to apply for the jobs listed on the Job Opportunities page.
* Required Forms
Thank you for your interest in employment with Allegheny County. The following information is provided to assist you through the application process. Please read it carefully.
- You must complete a separate application for each position. The employment application is located at the top of this page or at the address below.
- You may not substitute a resume for an application. If a resume is required you must submit one in addition to the application. *
- Your application should be typed or legibly printed in ink.
- Only the information you provide will be used to determine whether you meet the posted minimum requirements. Do not skip or leave any required information blank. Include all education, employment, volunteer and military experience. Please indicate if the experience is full-time, part-time, or an internship, and if you received college credit and/or compensation. (Two years part-time experience is equivalent to one year full-time experience.)
- Describe in detail the duties of all positions you have held. Include dates of employment (month/year).
- Include/attach copies of any required licenses, certifications, etc. (e.g. drivers license, paramedic certification, nursing license, etc.)
- Remember to sign and date your application in all appropriate places. An original signature is required. *
- All applications must be submitted to the Department of Human Resources/Application Intake or on-line (by the closing date shown on the Job Announcement, if applicable). *
* Please note that an incomplete or late application will not be considered.
Residency Requirement: Within one (1) year of appointment and acceptance of a position, an employee will be required to move to and live within Allegheny County for the duration of employment.
For further information on employment opportunities with Allegheny County, please visit the Job Opportunities webpage.
Information for Applicants with Disabilities: If you require assistance when completing the employment application or you anticipate a need for an accommodation during the selection process due to a disability, then please contact the Department of Human Resources at the address below or call 412-350-6830.
Return all paper applications to:
Allegheny County Department of Human Resources
102 County Office Building
542 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
You are welcome to contact the Department of Human Resources at 412-350-6830 to check your eligibility status. Please allow approximately two weeks to process your application.
Allegheny County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or disability.